Casa de Ajedrez means "House of Chess" in Spanish.
Why House of Chess? And why name it in Spanish?
1st because I'm Puerto Rican ; )
2nd because of the joy playing Chess with friends and family has always brought me. And I want to share that experience with you.
- Our Chess Club meets in the Sulphur & Lake Charles, LA area.
Check our Calendar for times & locations.
- Casa de Ajedrez is a L3C company (Low Profit Limited Liability). That means our main objective is to serve the community.
Also, as a L3C, CDA is eligible to receive Program-related Investments (PRI)
- CDA is a member of the United States Chess Federation. (USCF)
Member ID: A8529475
- We're an official representative of the Louisiana Chess Association for Lake Charles & SWLA.
-CDA is an official affiliate of Chess.com.
We host weekly online tournaments, it's free to join!
Hope you can join us soon.
Casa de Ajedrez, L3C (CDA) wants to provide a safe place for everyone to come together to enjoy fellowship through the games of chess and dominoes.
We believe in Koinonia, the Greek word for community, fellowship, or “holding something in common.”
Through the competition of chess and dominoes, CDA is dedicated to providing a culturally diverse/family friendly environment focused on fellowship, friendship, and fun.
In addition CDA wants to provide a place where local “family friendly” business owners (both for profit and nonprofit) can showcase their services and products. Not only will this promote local businesses, but also will promote community outreach and engagement.
“Chess With A Purpose”
· Help chess players grow mentally and spiritually through good sportsmanship, fellowship, and fun
· Expand each player’s thinking and problem solving skills
· Strengthen the players socialization through interaction with other peers
· Give the opportunity for all ages to come together and interact
· Provide the opportunity for the older players to mentor the younger players
· Help local family friendly businesses and ministries to share with one another
We all need something to stand for, a purpose. We’re called to be the salt and light of this world. It’s up to us, through God, to bring hope to the hopeless and faith to the faithless.
Mark 16:15 – Go into the world and preach the good news to all creation.
We are called to love one another…
1Corinthians 13 4-7
CDA will run it’s club with a Judeo Christian foundation as it’s moral and ethical compass.
Copyright © 2023 Casa De Ajedrez, L3C - All Rights Reserved.